Tuesday, April 6, 2010

pho-tog-ra-phy

photography: (n) the process or art of producing images of objects on sensitized surfaces by the chemical action of light or of other forms of radiant energy, as x-rays, gamma rays, or cosmic rays.

I spent this past weekend at home with my family for Easter. The days leading up to the weekend were extremely stressful. If you've ever been awake for 48 hours straight, or more, you know what I'm talking about. I actually spent more hours awake working on my project for last Friday than I did at home with my family. Regardless, the trip home was worth it. Nothing trumps family. After everyone retires for the night, I often spend time in my old room rummaging through things I left behind. Among them, about a million photographs, NOT including the pictures from my digital camera which I received for my 18th birthday. I got my first camera for my 10th birthday and went picture crazy. Back in December, when I was home for Christmas, I began the process of filtering through the pictures and putting together photo albums.

Ever spend hours looking at one picture? Replaying the events that led up to and followed the split second you hold in your hand? When I look at old pictures that I didn't take, I try to make up my own story. Sitting in my room pondering over my pictures I came up with an idea. What if I create a mini series within my blog? My Life in Pictures: a picture is worth a thousand words. I will narrate a different picture for each post, in a thousand words. Well, maybe I'll drop the word count...

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do that. I would love to see you life in photos! It might give your story a new dimension.

    ReplyDelete